Cleanser for hypersensitive skin - help please
Reply to this topic
h
2022-07-13
people liked

Hi!
I’m new to this forum and am here because I seriously need help with looking for a facial cleanser.

I have hypersensitive skin that reacts easily and break out easily. Several products that are widely considered good and gentle have broken me out as well. I have not been able to tolerate the following brand products:
vanicream
Cerave
Cetaphil
Bioderm
La Roche Posay
Avene

And so at this time, I am hoping to ask for help to look for a facial cleanser that is:
Non-foaming, not even gentle or light bubbles
No stearic acid
No cetearyl alcohol
No mineral oil or paraffin
No squalene
No 3s on acne irritants
Hopefully with aloe but if not that’s ok - the aloe just seems to help

I know this is such a tall order, but any and all suggestions are super greatly appreciated!

Thank you all in advance! <3

P.S.
I’m just at a lost and feel so discouraged in my search. It’s not been easy to have my skin constantly stinging hurting and inflamed. Earlier this year - after decades of searching - I finally found Clear MD. It totally worked and fit the above criteria. But a few months later, they have unfortunately shut down, and so now I’m back to a grueling search :( once again.

Last edited: 2024-03-28 18:47

L
2022-07-18
people liked

I'm in the same boat as you! I posted about a moisturizer for hypersensitive skin on the board recently. I don't have a cleanser safe for my skin, I can only use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and Ordinary Arbutin+HA Serum. What others products are you able to use without issues?

h
2022-07-20
people liked

Hello!! It’s unfortunate for us, but always nice to know someone understands! <3

What moisturizer do you use?

I haven’t use those before - I might try it - but The Ordinary (hyaluronic and niacinamide serums) somehow also gives me a reaction. It’s not that bad, but would be nice to not have to endure that lol.

So, a long time ago - I used to use function of beauty - which seemed innocuous enough. But it’s expensive :( so I stopped and tried to look for more affordable solutions. I just recently placed an order just to try it again - couldn’t quite remember how my skin reacted specifically but it was good enough that it didn’t land on my ever running “no” list. Lol. I also changed my goals to more calming ones so maybe that would help too. Hopefully anyways. :)

I use the products i listed. the serum you mentioned is different formula then the one I use. – Ladyjskincare 2022-07-28
c
2022-08-09
people liked

I really like the Face Reality Ultra Gentle cleanser ! everything breaks me out but this works well for my skin. I will say it does foam a bit but worth a try, imo :)

Last edited: 2022-08-09 23:46

b
2022-09-11
people liked

I feel you, all those products have failed me too.
Noble Formula Bar soap though has very simple and clean ingredients, so it's worth looking into. Best of luck!

We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to cookies.