Why do I find my oily skin less oily without any moisturizer
Reply to this topic
s
2021-01-06
people liked

I have tried numerous moisturizers - cosrx snail mucin, Glow recipe , Vichy mineral 89, clinique 72 hour moisture surge , kielhs. When I compare my skin without a moisturizer, I find myself getting oily near T-zone after 3-4 hours whereas with a moisturizer i turn oily in 1.5-2 hours!! what am I doing incorrectly!!!

C
2021-01-06
people liked

I would suggest, instead of a moisturizer, a serum that contains a high concentration of hyaluronic acid and/or ceramides. Some great options are The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 or the CeraVe Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum.

a
2021-02-03
people liked

Could be your hormones and lifestyle (stress, diet, poor sleep, inadequate exercise) causing your skin to be super oily. What's the rest of your routine? What's the climate like in the place you are now?
You can try setting powder on the oily parts. Is your skin is dry and tight without moisturizer? If so, continue with moisturizer. Otherwise you can skip for a few days.
Salicylic acid may be helpful. E.g. Cosrx bha liquid, Paula's Choice BHA, Caudalie serum (forgot the name), Stridex

2021-10-15
people liked

Your moisturizers aren't absorbed well, leaving an oily after-effect. Either try to apply less amount of products or use all-natural oils that absorb better than inorganic compounds.

Organic/natural/vegan ingredients have low molecular weight (think of it like a smaller ball); and thus they are absorbed through multiple layers of skin (small balls go through small holes), whereas inorganic compounds are like bigger balls (higher molecular weight) and they aren't absorbed by multiple layers. That's why most inorganic products contain a type of chemical called "permeability enhancers" (let's call them PEs). PEs expand the holes (of skin) for the inorganic compounds to pass through. Once in a while it's ok to use PEs, but regular/daily/weekly use have long-term adverse impacts, such as, you wrinkle fast. And then you use anti-aging.

That's why I use this. They are 100% natural and they never use PEs.

Last edited: 2021-10-15 00:23

We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to cookies.