Dupe for Curology gel-cream (original) moisturizer
Reply to this topic
h
2020-05-28
people liked

Hello all,

I am seeking recommendations for a dupe for the Curology original gel-cream moisturizer in the pump bottle (not the rich moisturizer in the tube.) I LOVE it - perfect texture, weight, finish, moisture level - but hate being hostage to their stupid plan where I can't order additional bottles of what I want, or not receive things I don't, like their cleanser. I prefer The Ordinary Squalene cleanser for my oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. My skin was getting congested and breaking out with their cleanser; now that I am back to my old cleanser, that issue has finally cleared up.

I have seen Neutrogena HydroBoost water gel recommended, but that particular gel-cream burns my face with every application (haven't tried their other version for extra-dry skin.)

I have also just tried COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream - it is good but not my HG - it leaves a slightly moist/tacky film on my skin, not unpleasant, not shiny or greasy or sticky, but simply not the finish and feel I am looking for. Better for drier skin. Also causes a very slight burning sensation on my skin. I want to avoid creating inflammation!

I do love using The Ordinary Marine Hyaluronics under the Curology gel-cream. Tried layering The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors over both, but that caused burning too, so I don't want to go back to that product.

Have used CeraVe PM Facial Mositurizing Lotion for Normal to Dry Skin in the past. Haven't yet tried it on its own since my skin finished the Curology tretinoin acclimation period.

I have 3 products on order from Paula's Choice: the Earth Sourced Power Berry Serum, the Clear Oil-Free Moisturizer, and the Water-Infusing Electrolyte Moisturizer.

I am still seeking other options in case these don't meet my needs! I want a product very low on CosDNA irritation and acnegenicity scales, ideally nothing above a 2. No plant oils or fragrances. (Plant extracts that have known therapeutic effects are welcome, just not essential oils thrown into a formula for kicks.)

Am willing to spend above drugstore/highstreet price levels, but so far the fancier brands I have researched aren't meeting my needs of not using plant oils and fragrances, or the irritant/acne scores are too high on the ingredients.

Thank you for any guidance you can offer me!
Nicole

I love the CeraVe PM Facial Mositurizing for day and night! Im running low on it and just ordered a new moisturizer from FaceTheory called "Supergel Oil-free Moisturiser M3 for Oily and Acne-Prone Ski – Alex_18 2020-05-31
t
2020-06-05
people liked

You said you haven't tried the Extra Dry Hydroboost Cream, but that's what I would totally recommend. You can even unscrew the top from an empty curology moisturizer, and fill it with Hydroboost. (sometimes jar packaging is annoying)

K
2020-10-09
people liked

I feel ya girl I'm looking for a dupe as we speak, that's how I ran into this. The hydro boost burns my skin as well when using the acne stuff in the white bottle from virology. Just wanted to let you know you can purchase the moisturizer separately on mercari, eBay, or poshmark. Hope this helps and lmk if you find something similar! Thanks, -Kristen

e
2020-11-05
people liked

have you tried the FAB coconut water cream? it's pricy so i would get a sample but the texture and the way it sets up on my face is really similar to curology

o
2021-07-17
people liked

at times you might want to know about how to cancel curology free trail. Your reason might be anything but before you proceed, we would like to help you to cancel curology membership.

Last edited: 2024-03-28 22:10

l
2021-07-29
people liked

Rovectin Clean Lotus Water Cream. It’s AMAZING. The ONLY moisturizer I’ve found that doesn’t clog up my pores and break me out. I find it very similar to the cytology cream which I loved too but curology is such a scam. I was on it for a whole year and it got better and then a LOT worse. Please consider dropping curology! They use excessive beauty filters in their adverts.

k
2021-07-30
people liked

Me too! I love that moisturizer but hate the stupid cleanser that I have 20 bottles of. I'm going to try Naturium Niacinamide Gel Cream. I've had good luck with their Niacinamide 12% but it's a little too strong for me and I end up having to wear 2 layers of moisturizer.

t
2021-09-20
people liked

I love the Aveeno Oat Gel Moisturizer. It is very similar in my opinion and is lightweight while moisturizing very well. It gives a nice soft finish to the skin, also really good for sensitive skin.

We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to cookies.