A good moisturiser with ceramides and preferably vit. C?
Reply to this topic
m
2018-08-21
people liked

Hello guys and gals, can anybody suggest a fragrance-free moisturiser containing ceramides and vitamin c (not even sure if having vitamin C in a moisturiser worth it as it is highly degradable but hey, never tried it before so maybe It will actually help with brightening dark spots) Also what would you suggest using on post hormonal acne dark spots? Thank in advance :)
Oh and forgot to mention that I have recently started using differin so I wont be able to use a moisturiser with bha in it:(

2018-09-05
people liked

You can search for "Cosmetics containing specific ingredients" here on CosDNA:

http://www.cosdna.com/eng/stuff_prod.php?in1=7b527d99&in2=7927f4219&ex1=3de7c6864&pn=

People have had some success using alpha arbutin and/or niacinamide products for hyperpigmentation from acne spots.

Last edited: 2018-09-22 06:11

Thank you! I wasn't aware of this option – missingrussian 2018-09-16
s
2020-07-05
people liked

DRUNK ELEPHANT C-Firma Vitamin C Day Serum

j
2020-07-15
people liked

I use and love Cerave PM (sometimes mixed with the Cosrx rice sleeping mask, and/or snail 92 cream if I'm feeling very dry). It's not fancy, but has lots of skin-identical lipids, ceramides, niacinamide, doesn't have fragrance, and has never clogged my pores. It's light, but surprisingly supportive and helped me not experience any reaction to starting tretinoin. I definitely recommend this one over their AM/standard formulation.

If you want to dull dark spots and hyperpimentation, vitamin C, higher concentrations of niacinamide, or alpha-arbutin are all good ideas, and I'd also suggest AHAs and azelaic acid (not all at once! Pick one or two that sound most promising for your skin and research which can and cannot be layered). Try checking out The Ordinary for your actives, with the Cerave PM as a last step. Actually, The Ordinary's Natural Moisturizing Factors is also a really nice, light, effective moisturizer with skin-identical lipids you also might want to check out.

Last edited: 2020-07-15 04:55

We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to cookies.